Thread: Walkies
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 19:56   #17
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Walkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yeh, but how will they ever learn to climb trees, fend off the dogs, mark their own territory, seek out another cat at night for procrastination, etc. ? Sorry Margaret, don't agree .... same as keeping a child on a lead to me .. gotta let them have space. Cats are much more intelligent than canines, that is why we say they have nine lives .. 'cause they know how to avoid difficult situations unlike most dogs ..
Katex, they do learn those things, but in places where it would not be safe to have them free..... a lead is the answer...well, if you can train them to one. I have to say that I never managed it with my persians and lived in fear of them getting out of the house because they were a right senseless pair.
They were both brought up with dogs so they weren't so much of a problem.....they were both neutered so procreation really wasn't their 'bag'.
They were really pampered lap cats......now Pasha, our moggy is a different thing altogether....she was a stray so she has all the sense you would associate with cats......I don't worry so much about her.
She's neutered too....so no kittens......which I think is the way to go.

The Pedigree cats......I think they have had some of their sense bred out of them. Mine certainly had.

so I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Katex
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote