View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 00:24   #32
LancYorkYankee
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Any other Graduates out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Bloody hell, can't someone share a bit of their happy news on the forum anymore?

If Margaret and the Tin Man, (he without the heart in the Wizard of Oz), had been here a little bit longer, they would have seen people sharing all kinds of sorrows and joys on this forum. From births and deaths, to more serious personal traumas such as abusive relationships, as well as the fun, nice things that happen in our lives from time to time. We've shared them all, laughed and cried.

Jesus, someone will soon be complaining about threads wishing people happy birthday, because it's seen as being just too happy, and congratulatory

Rant over.

Carry on..
Rindy and Harwood Red, thanks for the well written comments. In the past I have spoken of this same daughter as having had a stroke at the age of 10 (oh no, there I go again whinging about family matters). She has overcome many different obstacles.

Mostly, my thread (as titled) was requesting anyone or everyone to share about their kids. Forgive me for not realizing that in England, all the kids move on from 13 years of schooling and go directly into 4 years of college. I didn't realize that.

I fear that the negative comments made about "bragging" may greatly change Accyweb from a family oriented forum into a bunch of whinging, whining, and complaining about all things of life.

I for one wish to always be available to encourage, uplift, and send cheers to those who need it. I wish to be able to laugh with those who laugh and cry with those who cry. And yes, I know, Englishmen don't cry!

IMO, I feel it more appropriate to ignore a thread then to go out of ones way to bring someone down a peg or two. We already have the rest of the world to do that to us all!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote