View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 21:22   #10
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Poll : Hyndburn or Accrington & District?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Well it can't be done for nothing and on the scale of things £20,000 isn't that much. Though it does seem like a lot of money for a few road signs

I agree Cyfr £20,000 does not sound like much in the ultimate scheme of things but do you seriously believe that ALL of the rebranding can be done for a mere £20,000? Ah to be so young and gullible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What kind of poll is it that uses phrases like "use the money for something more useful"? Talk about biased questions! Why not just a simple "yes" or "no"? Don't think you'd get a job with gallup, Willow!
I'm not after a job with gallup and the wording was intended to be a little tongue in cheek as anyone who has read my comments on the other thread will know that I think the money would be better directed where needed.

I thought I'd bring out that point though as I very much doubt that the council has offered any serious financial information apart from the ludicrously paltry figure of £20,000 which has been set aside before asking people if they fancy a name change. Perhaps if people realised the full impact not only on the council signs, lables, vehicles, stationery, buildings, etc but also the knock-on effect on others it may give them cause to rethink.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote