View Single Post
Old 18-06-2007, 18:27   #16
accymel
I am Banned

Re: Stupid HYndburn Homes

Just looked at my tenancy handbook - mentions nothing about assignments [surprise surprise], it gives details about joint tenancy & what happens in breakdown of relationship with regard to tenancy - BUT nowt on moving in a partner.

Strange thing about right to buy will copy as below

If your secure tenancy transferred from the council to hyndburn homes u will continue your right to buy. This is known as a preserved right to buy.

This remains with u or any qualifying member of your family who suceeds to your tenancy, even if u later transfer to another home owned by HH, as long as its not exempt from right to buy. Also, if u have the preserved right to buy & later move to a council home in another area, u would still have the right to buy & any discounts would include your time as a tenant of HH.

Some tenancies are currently excluded from the right to buy such as flats in sheltered schemes & bungalows.

New tenants of HH do not have preserved right to buy but do have the right to acquire
Hyndburn Homes excerp from handbook

Now reading that im sure HH are diddling me out of my right to buy because they want me to cancel my current tenancy agreement to apply as joint tennant - so therefore i would come under a new tenant [despite being with them a good few years with council] so that they can diddle me out of the right to buy
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web