View Single Post
Old 19-06-2007, 20:43   #279
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What do you reckon the chances are of a fully itemised breakdown of cost before members of the public are officially asked to give their opinions?
Can obtain this through 'the Freedom of Information Act'.(like with Councillors/Politicians expenses ) Even polls asking the general public their opinion cost money too. All types of smaller hidden costs, signposts at Scaitcliffe House, and not only the stationery, but badges for the council workers .. the list is endless.

They state 4 Gateway signs, usually most signs of this type are on both sides of the road, do we only have 1 one on the left ?.. will have to investigate.

What was done 33 years ago was done, and whether you agreed then or not, this is not what it is about, it is about spending our money NOW. As far as I am concerned 33 years ago they made the correct decision to integrate the community (usually fired by a cultural division who felt that the district lacked cohesion and needed integrating .. in other words to stop us all kicking each other's heads in ... ) .. I think 'Accrington and District' is a back-step in time.

Cities and towns re-brand all the time to enlarge on what is already there i.e. Manchester rebranded three times in the last 7 years, with the 'City of Doves, Commonwealth Games and most recently the 'multi-lined 'M' motif .. this is all just good marketing on what is already there, and would not have much objection if this were the case,

Eeeew, really on a high horse with this one, I can tell ya' ...

Last edited by katex; 19-06-2007 at 20:45.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote