View Single Post
Old 20-06-2007, 14:02   #18
blazey
God Member

Re: The young, and Mental health problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Epilepsy has been a recognised medical complaint for many many years....and it is a neurological complaint rather than a mental health problem.
It is certainly not like many other mental health problems which do get cured.
Curable mental illnesses as I've already said aren't getting enough funding in the NHS to be treated effectively.
Those that arent curable are still considered mental illness and what is defined as either curable or not has certainly changed in some aspects over 70 years.

Some may be due to drug use but havent drugs been used for just as many years?
I don't think daydreaming and having nothing to do lead to as many mental illnesses as one might think. It certainly can lead to depression on different levels but there are many other aspects, including the compete opposite; being too busy, that lead to illnesses of that sort too.

I think its another problem of the NHS if its being diagnosed more frequently and also isnt even being treated the way it should.
Perhaps if they stopped diagnosing such minor depression and the likes as an illness that needs medication then those that do need treatment can also have the counselling on NHS along with the medication.
Its a matter of changing the boundaries maybe?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote