View Single Post
Old 20-06-2007, 21:28   #97
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Artists in Accy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Art is taught at a higher level as an acedemic subject, so there are very probably Van Goghs and Cezannes slipping through the net.

I doubt that a Van Gogh or a Cezanne could be taught anyway. In many ways they broke the mould (mold?) and wouldn't have conformed. Art as an academic subject is not the same as art itself. In the same way my daughter learns a lot about music theory but Segovia she ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

And thanks for the bad rep. I dont know what i've done wrong yet in regards to being accused of telling willow she follows people around forums but if they'd read the thread the person would have realised it wasnt even me who had said it
I apologised to you for having thought that someone else's post was yours.

It didn't say I followed people around forums. It said I was well known on many forums and I was curious to know which ones they were as I don't actually visit that many very often, probably 4 on a daily basis and others less frequently.

I follow everyone around this forum because I look at all the new posts to see if there's anything interesting been written since I was last here. If a subject has some interesting new posts I answer them, if there is nothing new worth saying than I just move on to the next one. If you check my posts you'll see that I have responded to many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Right now I'm really liking Gustav Klimt. He has some brilliant pieces.
I absolutely love some of Klimt's work - especially the meticulous detail in the hair. I don't have that kind of patience.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote