Thread: Bank Charges
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2007, 17:10   #48
claytonender

Re: Bank Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I know how much it cost to run a business, I have run three.
If I charged any of my customers a "Fee" for making a mistake the business would not last very long.
Why should banks, and now the utility companies get away with it?
What you seem unable to understand, is that it was your wife who made the mistake and not the bank. she wrote out a cheque when she had insufficient funds in her account to cover the transaction. Techiqually writing cheques when you are aware that there are not sufficient funds to clear this cheque is fraud.

You also seem quite incapable of accepting advice about a free overdraft facility - which makes good sense, because as Willow says there are some occasions when salary credits etc are late being credited into an account. Having a free overdraft facility means that you will not incur any bank charges for debits which bounce because of insufficient funds.

It also makes sense to have internet banking, then you can check your bank balance daily. I only ever keep a balance of about £15.00 in my Halifax current account, but because I have a free overdraft facility I know that if I pay using my debit card or cheque there will always be funds to clear the payment. Then I go online and transfer money from my websaver account (which pays 5.05% interest - before tax) into my cheque account to cover the money I have spent. That way I never get any bank charges and get a reasonable rate of interest on my money.

For someone whom purports to have run three businesses you do not appear to be aufait with how to run an account to your advantage rather than to the banks.

Last edited by claytonender; 26-06-2007 at 17:12.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote