View Single Post
Old 29-06-2007, 01:04   #26
blazey
God Member

Re: Smoking ban........

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, already done the one of 'fag out of the window bit' and the majority of smokers are unanimous that you just do not do it .. full stop.

To me a puff on a fag is very necessary when driving long distances and saves me from becoming ill-tempered and frustrated in traffic jams and therefore leading me open to stress and less concentration.

Yes, of course it is a good comparison as very few accidents caused by smokers compared with other distractions (repeat, repeat). Not really about the necessity anyway .. about the reality of the facts of the causes of accidents. And please don't start me on the necessity of school runners again ..! More accidents on these than smoke-related ones.
Hate to say it against my own sex but female drivers are a huge cause of accidents, particularly people getting knocked over. They never indicate, they don't pay attention to crossings and they are definatly worse drivers than men and I don't care what complaints i get about THESE remarks. The amount of times i've seen women drivers make really bad driving mistakes that could seriously harm pedestrians has actually scared me from learning to drive myself as I'm afraid I would drive just as badly and injure someone. Women drivers are MANIACS.

In regards to accidents on school runs compared to cigarette related ones, I thought we were on about fatalities. I wouldn't have thought many people die from accidents on the school run, half the time the cars dont move and just park whereever they please.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote