View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 16:35   #28
blazey
God Member

Re: cheap place to eat out in accrington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've got children but even so I never liked those Brewsters places with play areas so I'm glad to see the back of them.I like my children to know that when you go out for a meal you don't run about,you sit at the table.I can't be doing with kids running round while you're trying to eat.If I want them to be able to run about I take them to a playcentre.The kids menus in those places also irritated me.Why is it for the adults menu it's all very tempting with 'fresh' this and 'organic' that and then you get the kids menu and its always the same,deep fried battery hen (otherwise known as chicken nuggets) that's probably never been anywhere near a chicken,burgers,pizza and chips.If you don't give your kids this warmed-up,mechanically recovered rubbish at home,why would you want them to eat it when you go out? The kids menu should be exactly the same as the adult menu but in smaller portions.
I agree, the childrens meals are really cheap rubbish quality. And we went to one with a play area once and it was just absolutely rubbish but still noisy and we got lumbered at a table right next to the entrance for it.

The outdoor play areas arent too bad on a sunny day as they could play as they wait or have a little play afterwards whilst the adults have a drink or something but when theyre more aimed at playing during the meal its just an annoyance.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote