View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 21:49   #32
blazey
God Member

Re: At Last Something Like A Proper Sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, blazey that is what I was saying....35 years has to be what it says......35 years.....not 25....not 30.
And if they are doing a review of the sentence after a set period of time and they think that this man is still adanger then he should be incarcerated for longer. No child should ever have to suffer at his hands again.

And Ian Huntley has precious little reason to smile...for he truly knows what he did to those children and he has to live with the consequences.
Actions and consequences go together.
25 years is still a long time though, I'm not even 25yrs old myself yet so I couldn't imagine spending more than what i've already lived in a prison!

And exactly what an argument is for letting peope out early margeret, you just said it yourself in the case of ian huntley, he has no reason to smile as he has to live with what he did, and even outside of prison he still will have to live with that, it wont go away. No length of time in prison is going to make that any better or worse, which was just my point that its not always necessary for someone to serve a long time.
Sometimes less is enough.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote