View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 16:44   #16
booth76

Post Re: Xbox or Gamecube?

[quote author=Annefairley link=board=gaming;num=1067872799;start=0#12 date=11/11/03 at 17:45:06]Hi I have to disagree with the gay that thinks the xbox is better then the PS2 it is not,it depends on what your bother main interest is and what he will do with is console, if he want to take it to is mates and play with them then I would without a doubt rule out the XBOX because it is very heavy and cumbersome,I have a PS2 and an XBOX and I have used a Gamecube if your bother likes the sort of game you get on a gamecube then it is the best one for him, but to be honest I thought it was rubbish and the XBOX doesn't do anything the PS2 doesn't do but you can Play DVD's right from opening the box on your PS2 but you have to buy thr Remote control for the XBOX at another £20 so it is your choice.[/quote]

Erm, it's true that Xbox doesn't play DVD right out of the box BUT PS2s DVD playback is dire compared to Xbox. Neither of them are as good as a stand-alone DVD player for picture clarity. I actually got my DVD playback kit thrown in with the Xbox for free, so it was as good as. And playing DVDs on a PS2 without an additional remote is rubbish because the joypad controls aren't very good - so in my opinion you have to shell out for a remote anyway if you want to play DVDs with any sort of decent control over them (rewind-fastforward, etc).

Gamecubes are pretty good, graphics and gameplay-wise BUT I the game selection was pretty grim. There just isn't a lot to choose from. Gamecubes don't play DVDs at all by the way.