View Single Post
Old 14-07-2007, 09:44   #13
blazey
God Member

Re: My Summer course

Its a summer course where you do two intense weeks of study and time management skills, presentation skills and life skills and then 2 weeks of chosen subjects, mine being law and criminology.

Living on campus and its all absolutely free apart from your own food and social expenses.
I saved up £200 for the month but I have spent about a tenner of that this week so I'm going to go to town soon to get some extra bits.

I havent needed to freeze anything ive cooked yet as I havent wasted any food, as the portions i'm cooking are enough for two, so i've been having one at night and one for dinner the next day. I've been eating well but as usual not sleeping well as I'm a bit of an insomniac, so i've been up til, on average, 4am sat around doing nothing productive or chatting to individual people who i've kept up all night not that they seem to mind though.

They didn't lie when they said the work was intense, in 4 days i've done a big essay and a group presentation, and they want to see all the planning, and I have an essay to do for tuesday morning and 2 presentations to do for the end of the week (1 5minute one on thursday and a 10minute for friday)

The presentations are my weakness as I'm a nervous speaker but its all productive and I am glad I went on the course. Looking forward to going back and seeing everyone again already

EDIT: The course is free because its for people who fit into certain criteria. Off the top of my head they are if your the first in your family to go to uni, illness had interupted our studies at college, if you have low income in your family, if you recieved financial help at college, that kind of thing.

Last edited by blazey; 14-07-2007 at 09:48.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote