View Single Post
Old 14-07-2007, 18:11   #18
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Marg P for observer reporter - yah or nay

Blazey, I loved to write my blog and as the members will testify I had an avid readership....I'm not really sure why, I just wrote about the boring events in my life. But, I think most folk like to have a glimpse at what is going on in other folks lives......that's why Big Brother is popular.
The journal on here, disappeared after we were hacked into by the Belgians....and sadly it has not come back.

You are right about the Observer....but I did like to read Gayle's column....I am not interested in people like the girl who complained about the caterpillar in the sweetcorn.......and why they should do a profile on her is anyones guess......fill column inches I suppose.
I wish they would let some of the Secondary School children write a column on a topic of either national or local interest. I would find their views interesting, and it could be a way to generate interest in news and the media, and help them to develop their writing skills. It may even get youngsters interested in local politics.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote