View Single Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:30   #311
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Besides when was the last time you saw a deer having a gulp out of the River Stink oh and are there deer in the district of Hyndburn??
Spuggie .. get over this River Stink label ... did have a certain smell at one time, due to the effluence that was dumped in there. Was totally due to all the industries we had here, which gave our past generations a living. Things tightened up now and River OK, unfortunately, our industries are not.

See Peter Britcliffe is determined to have his own way on this.

Done a piece on the front of 'The Herald'.

He is reverting back to the change still 33 years ago and states "Why on earth someone tried to brand the surrrounding towns as Hyndburn is beyond my wit" (what a peculiar expression and open to questioning his wit ). Calling it 'a grave injustice' .. oh dear, do we have to explain it all again to this guy .. brought us all together Peter under one umbrella and to stop us 'districts' from being segregated from the bigger town of Accy.

Says it is to promote our townships !! Think they are doing OK on their own thank you very much.. Ossie now quite famous and we, the public, already promote our town by stating come from C-L-M, etc. Getting now weary of pushing this point; he still justifies this proposed change by insisting we all state we are from Hyndburn.

Still insists won't cost us a penny in extra Council Tax. Ok, take the point that signs were going to be replaced anyway, but design costs are the heaviest here, and would definintely need a new logo. Says all the 'signage' (he likes this word), has been budgeted for.

Letterheads are computer generated ;still has to have the introduction of a new logo though, doesn't it ?

Vehicles livery will be changed as and when are the vehicles .. so could be some time then.

There are various Area Council Meetings going on around the borough re. this issue .. unfortunately, have to work next week for the Clayton le Moors one, 25th July, as would certainly be present. Please someone go to one of these and report back to us.

Ends by saying:"It's time to rectify the mistakes of 33 years ago. Be bold- I know I will" More like stubborn/bloody minded and altogether power drunk.

Even Greg Pope stated in his article 2 weeks ago that "if we are going to have a name change should not be at the 'whim' of the leader of the council.
Enough of Peter having all the power, I say power to the people by way of referendum"

And so say I ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote