View Single Post
Old 20-07-2007, 10:20   #346
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I was at a meeting last night and the subject came up (not as an official agenda point), I'm afraid I was quite vehement in my opposition to the change - after I'd finished I got a round of applause and was asked by a few people at the meeting if I could go to other meetings and speak as eloquently about it.

There are a lot of people opposed to the change but most of them think it's a fait accompli.

It will be discussed as an official agenda point at our next meeting at the end of August.
Well done Gayle .. you tell 'em.

That's the problem though .. everyone thinking the decision has already been made so throwing in the towel before the flag is up. Well it 'aint !!!

What I cannot get to grips with is the point whereby the idea 'of giving the towns their own crests is to give them a stronger identification outside the area' quotes Steve Watson of Hyndburn Council. All very admirable, but no information has to how this will help ... I cannot see that it wil make one iota of difference myself to the towns' promotion. Can still do this anyway, can't we ? whilst still leaving the borough named Hyndburn ?

According to the Herald Area Council Meetings are to be held as follows:-

17th July - Huncoat ... whoops missed it.
25th July - Clayton and Altham
25th September - Great Harwood
2nd October - Church and Milnshaw
16th October - Rishton.

No mention of times or venues or Ossy (who I suspect will have the strongest view). Suppose you can go along to any actually, even if you don't live in some of the other areas.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web