View Single Post
Old 25-07-2007, 19:07   #5
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Fat person's grumble about shops which supposedly sell clothes for fat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
all the trousers, jeans, cut off seem to be low rise.......now a fat belly and low rise do not go well together. I quite like my flab to be covered.......so T shirts are too short, low rise pants combined with short T shirt......erm a bare middle on a 60 year old.....not really the fashion(or comfort) statement that you want to make is it????????
Precisely! Does it not occur to them that larger sizes equals bigger tum and bum equals needing a bit more coverage if you please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
willa, matalan do some nice clothes for us larger lasses, dorothy perkins also do bigger sizes too, i was in there the other day buying some tops (£3 each in the sale) peacocks do some nice larger stuff aswell, unfortunately we bigger women have to shop around, and since i love shopping i enjoy myself finding clothes
There's large and there's Willow sized I don't think any of those cater for me. But I live in hope that I'll get there one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuze View Post
Its not just u girlies u know, its same 4 us blokes 2.
Trousers n shirts have always been a problem but lookily there is that large mens clothes shop in rishton.
Asda have a good range 4 t-shirts up 2 xxxl n pretty cheep 2.
Ive been told ebay is good 4 larger clothes.
I'd hate to have to resort to eBay and somebody's mangy cast offs. I think you men have a bit more chance with that place at Rishton. Dunno if Asda do Willow sized in female. Might try having a look but I somehow doubt it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote