Thread: pregnant
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2007, 21:17   #4
Lilly
God Member

Re: pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
hi im 16 weeks pregnant and got a few things on my mind that i thought i would get other peoples thought on

which nappies would be best the traditional terry nappies or the disposable one todays people use??

also what wierd cravings did you or have you got??
im craving cheese and chive chrisps at the minute

is breast feeding really better for baby??

is there anything i could do to prevent morning sickness??

give me your thoughts
Hi,congratulations on your pregnancy.There are ups and downs to both terry nappies and disposables.The main downside of disposables being that they take 100 years or so to decompose so are bad for the environment but disposables are very quick,easy and convenient for you to use at home and when out and about.If you want to go for terry nappies and don't fancy washing them yourself there are companies that will collect them from you and fetch them back all nicely washed and ironed nowadays.Don't know the names of any of these companies or how much they charge as it's quite a new service round here and wasn't available when I had my kids.Perhaps there's some info on this on the internet.
I haven't got anything to say about cravings as I never experienced any
Breast milk is the ideal food for baby but there are lots of reasons why it doesn't work for everybody so don't beat yourself up about it if it doesn't work out for you and your baby.I gave it a go with my first born but didn't couldn't cope long term.I wasn't producing much and was very shy about where and who I would feed in front of so ended up using bottles after first two weeks.My advice would be to try breast feeding,just give it a go,you can always switch to bottles and you will not be doing your baby any harm whatsoever.It's all about what you feel happy with.
Morning/afternoon/all day sickness is just dreadful isn't it? Ginger is supposed to help so try munching some ginger biscuits.Thankfully the sickness passed for me by about the 3 month stage but you have my sympathy as it really is so debilitating.I used to lie still on the sofa,sipping water,if I was at home,feeling like I would vomit if I so much as moved.I hope it soon passes for you
You will probably hear plenty of advice,much of it conflicting,and people will be queuing up to share their birth experiences/horror stories/old wives tales with you.It can all be very confusing,I found.My advice would be to take the bits you like the sound of and discard the rest.I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and that all goes well for you
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote