View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 14:27   #21
slinky
God Member

Re: Where should I go??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Cyprus is open all year, has lovely weather, just right in October. Limassol would be great at that time of year, not as crowded as in the summer. Lots to see in Cyprus but if you don't want to sightsee then it is a laid back, relaxing place.

Thanks for that Lettie, Cyprus was our first choice when we decided to go away. I have friends that have just come back and they said it was lovely. I'm might re-consider now I know it's open all year.

Lanzarote is another option, great weather, good restaurants in Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise. A hire car can get you round the island and up the volcanos in a day. Decent beaches and some decent hotels/apartments.
This was our second option......... looks lovely........ but the weather is nicer in Cyprus i think at this time of year.

Dominican Republic all inclusives are pretty good value but be aware that the travel companies will try to make their money by offering trips. You may even be told that it is dangerous to explore on your own which is a load of carp. It is pretty hot all year round but a long way to go if all you want to do is sit on your bum for a week..
I have a friend who has been to the DR and she didn't rate it much.....but then again everyone is different when it comes to holidays I think.

Southern Spain still has pretty nice weather in October. The Costa del Sol has varied resorts, a good bus service, plenty of eateries and drinkies. There are some lovely hotels around the Marbella area, great shopping, comfy sunbeds and easy access to day trips to North Africa.

Enjoy your hols.
Thanks lettie!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote