Thread: pregnant
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 21:27   #42
Lilly
God Member

Re: pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
LOL Lindsay midwifery sermen there, but yes i did try it for a month before it all got too much for me & the grumpy eldest, 2 bleeding sore cracked nips & having to feed on both alternatively painful, i lost too much weight after a short time - feeding on demand was literally demanding, never got much chance to eat myself, tired so bad even fell asleep with baby attached to nips & even got to the point baby fell off bed during - enough to scare the pants off me, i couldnt go out do much cos of the demand feeding, baby never was full, the stress got too much for both of us!! Try telling that to a midwife with no kids of her own for experience, bullied me badly to keep it up, but i just got more weaker, so enough was enough & ended breast feeding gradually till bottle weaned, still was a greedy baby but least we both got nurished & the realisation of how skinny i became - even lost me boobs it knocked my confidence & femininity with myself.
Sounds like you had a really bad time there, Accymel.You have my sympathy.It makes me mad that there are still the breast feeding mafia out there ready to wag the finger at anyone who can't/doesn't want to breast feed,even after hearing about miserable experiences like yours they still try to make you feel like a wimp for going on to bottles.LEAVE US ALONE.These are probably the same people that whip themselves accross their backs as they try to beat the devil out and think the pain is good..

Last edited by Lilly; 02-08-2007 at 21:29.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote