View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 14:07   #40
carla d

Re: Why is Church forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlin View Post
I am from out of the area, but I am working on renovating a property in Church, the area inside the Blackburn rd,Henry Street and canal triangle. And I think some of the posters want to be a bit more positive, from what I can see, the propertys are well built , there is a good community spirit and most of the people speak English.
I work in most of the locals towns and there is a lot lot worse and I honestly cannot say that there is much better. ok so there are no big houses where the nobs live! so what. so there is no one looking down there nose at you because they have a bigger house than you.
I work for landlords and the ones I know do not want to rent out to problem tenants, whats the point! If you know of any potential good tenants that want a nice 2 or 3 bed home in the area let me know and I will pass there details on.
One thing I have noticed is that some people look on the back alleys as a dumping ground, even when we are renovating houses we do not put any rubbish in thes public areas.
So come on, dont expect everything to be done for you, do it yourself. if its only picking up a bit of litter or puting some plants and baskets out, it all makes a difference.
we cant make church look nice, anyone puts out hanging baskets or plants a new garden or anything i can guarantee you that the day after it will be all over the road, the children around church have no respect for the community its them thats wrecking the place, not all children just a select few, when they changed the bottom park and made it into a beautiful garden it lasted two days before the trees were pulled out and the flowers were all over the streets.
The top park next door to the library was all done up with brand new equipment and a basketball court, so there is no excuse for the children to say theres nothing for them, instead they prefer to smoke and drink on the corners and wreck the area they live in. people do try but thers no point in making a place better if its just going to be vandalised the day after! its a shame really but until the lil buggers stop then church will just have to be like it is!
carla d is offline   Reply With Quote