View Single Post
Old 15-08-2007, 10:45   #31
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Reflections on the Leicester game

As I was stewarding in the away end, gotta say, they all thought their team was sh1te and were lucky to be still in the comp. They agreed they got battered by the better team in the second half, just a shame we came up against a goalie who was their best player by a country mile and the reluctance to shoot when in the box. Do think Stanley players would make life a little easier by playing the simple one-twos instead of trying to out football a footballing side and if in range and sight of the goal, shoot the ball instead of trying for a better position coz we lost the ball on more occasions than I care to remember. My biggest worry about last night though, is the number of scouts from other teams watching the match!!! As much as I know players want to better themselves (and who can blame them) we want them to stop at Stanley (Rommy, MIles, Roberts etc). Please can we leave McEvilly on the bench or out of the team and use McGivern instead though. Stupid booking last night, he has not changed a bit since last time and he is the sole reason our bookings and red cards will rocket this season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web