View Single Post
Old 16-08-2007, 13:32   #7
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Asda Recall Chinese Bottles

As I recall the Veterans’ Lapel Badge was made in China and it was sub standard in that it had two dents in the face. I won’t even mention the clasp that was difficult to undo with old arthritic fingers. The fact that in all likelihood it would be old and arthritic fingers trying to affix the badge to a lapel seems to have escaped someone’s notice. In spite of my continued complaints about the badge the procurement office carried on accepting substandard goods from China. A distant friend of mine recently got the lapel badge and it was exactly the same as mine. I guess they were cheaper than if made in the UK.

As for the ‘bottles’. What puzzles me is why it happened. Does no one in the UK inspect the goods as they arrive and before they go on sale? Sorry I forgot – extra profit is god here.

Mattel have recalled millions of toys because of the lead in the paint. Meaning that no one checked the first batch. Maybe it was this ubiquitous god of profit that prevented an inspection.