View Single Post
Old 17-08-2007, 20:35   #6
West Ender
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: buddy or elvis ??

Well, though I love Elvis, I'm keen on Buddy Holly too. The point is they were very different, in style, presentation and their music but diversity is what makes life, and certainly music, interesting.

I was very into Rock'n'Roll in my teens and I still enjoy it, I mean the old 50s type. I have CDs and albums of all the old "greats", Elvis, Buddy, Little Richard, Chuck Berry and the rest. I go a bit more into the 60s too, Beatles, Beach Boys (love them), Four Seasons and, of course, I go back to the 30s and 40s music too. I just love music. Sorry, though, I'm not keen on much after about 1975. (Is this because I'm getting a bit long in the tooth? )

If it comes to a choice between Elvis and Buddy, it's got to be Elvis for me for his sheer magnetism. The Elvis I really go for is the Elvis of the 50s, before the silly jump suits and the personal problems. His very early songs, before all the showmanship, have something you don't often find in an artist. Mind you, that Come Back Special - with the black leather suit - well.....phwoooaaaah!