View Single Post
Old 19-08-2007, 10:32   #4
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: How Can Crowd Numbers be Boosted

there is one thing which may football league teams overlook as a marketing point of view.

and that is possessing something unique.

to get myself, an everton season ticket holder and supporter upto the age of 21 to change 'sides' to supporting stanley and becoming a season ticket holder meant 2 things.

1. everton needed to be doing something wrong
eg. 25% price hike and no improvement on the pitch and no vision in the boardroom (looks towards bill kenwright) and possibly becoming kirkby fc.

2. stanley offered something fresh, exciting and real. a team with the correct attacking attitude, a club that doesnt want to join the 15 or so clubs like Mansfield who are happy just to 'survive' midtable - this is what kills a football club IMO.
Im pleased to see stanley really want to get up and out of league 2.

Entrance is affordable Im able to get tickets/into away grounds (impossible to follow everton away).

And the fans are genuinly passionate and unique. I may not be an 'ultra' or hand around with the 'ultra's' but I do passionatly follow stanley, and shout my head off.

So stanley, needs to keep raising its profile and its fans profiles.

I just wish I wouldnt get so many funny looks from some on the Clayton end for my accent.

Last edited by DAV007; 19-08-2007 at 10:38.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote