View Single Post
Old 31-08-2007, 23:21   #179
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Bolts of lightning expected Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I wish today's memorial service would draw a line under the Diana mystique but I doubt it will. I am tired of hearing and reading about her death, with all the attendant theories, and even more tired of the continuing outpourings about her.

When she died I found the public reaction nauseating and not a little unhealthy. The loud proclamations of grief from people who didn't know her, except as a media image, were disturbing to say the least. It was very like the hysteria whipped up when some film stars have died. It's a sad occasion when any person dies and it's natural to cry for the loss of a friend or loved one but to grieve over a woman known only by her public persona is just idol worship. The "was she murdered?" aspect is very like the "is Elvis really dead?" one and it's constantly fuelled by the media because it sells newspapers.

I don't like Camilla but I don't like the disfunctional family she has married into either. However, whether she had attended today's service or not was their business and no one else's.
Ya' gotta' laugh haven't you ... this thread had almost discussed itself out and laid to rest, then along comes someone who bumps up the thread again by complaining about people still wanting to remember Diana. Who's keeping it going I wonder ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote