Thread: Vs Posh
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 20:41   #41
KarenFaz

Re: Vs Posh

Hiya guys and gals,

We were kinda thrown in at the deep-end today with technical problems scuppering the Burnley full-match commentary. Anyway, the bonus was we got full-match commentary and I have to say that I thought at times today we put up a good fight. I think there are more positives to take out of the game than negatives (apart from the sendings off) and also the 'doom and gloom' factor you have to put into context as in if you take a look who we have played in the opening few games, Wycombe (promotion contenders last season, and pre-season favourites to go up this season), Darlington (who just missed out on playoffs last season), Lincoln (who lost out in the playoffs last season), and now favourites for promotion Peterborough, if you said before playng them that we'd get three points from playing those teams then I think you would have taken it.

Maybe winning at Wycombe raised the bar and raised the level of expectancy too soon, I don't know about anyone else but when Mullin scored I was thinking all the pre-season bets were being thrown out of the window and promotion was a mere certainty, and I know I wasn't alone in thinking that at the time.

I can understand the negativity don't get me wrong, but on the upside we have had the toughest opening few weeks compared to other teams in our position and I think once we get the goals (starting Tuesday when we batter Oldham by at least 4 goals ) then the run will come!!!

If you can't make the game Tuesday, Dan and myself will be doing yet 90 minute commentary on the Stanley boys

Karen x

P.S. And on the upside two/three wins and we are top of the league x
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote