Thread: Myfootballclub
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:09   #50
Rowan
Junior Member+

Re: Myfootballclub

I appreciate reading the thoughtful and calm responses to my posts (and others) of late. Skepticism and debate are healthy, and as I said earlier, I certainly don't speak for the management team that is carrying out whatever negotiations are under way. For all we know, there's been no contact between Stanley and MyFC.

But as an admitted outsider, my first thought when I began to learn about your club is that it's a proud club with a long history, but no one is supporting it. Let's face it, just over 100 season tickets sold? That's not exactly a groundswell of local support.

If -- and I realize it's still a huge IF now -- MyFC were to buy Stanley, what changes except for a huge influx of new supporters and cash to the team? Most of the members are going to vote based on the head coach's recommendations regarding team selection, so the only real difference is that now there are a lot of owners instead of one. Our goals are the same as yours--the success of the club. We're able to bring in a regular cash infusion to help the club grow.

My personal belief is that too much emphasis is being placed on the idea that the members will be picking the starting lineup. It's true...we will vote on those decisions. But I seriously doubt if our collective choices would be far different from what any traditional manager would have chosen. The actual range of choices isn't that broad to begin with. There are only so many realistic combinations of players on one squad. And with injuries and fitness issues, I suspect our lineups would be the same as another manager would choose the vast majority of the time.

All that said, I completely understand your reservations and concerns. I came on this board because I'm interested in knowing more about Stanley and I wanted to have the opportunity to address some of the misconceptions about MyFC. I hope we can continue to discuss the possibilities the way we've begun.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote