Thread: Attendances
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 20:24   #20
Doug
Member.

Re: Attendances

Some very sincere comments to what are and will remain convoluted issues for Accrington and the, club, personally I don’t mind the price of the gate, and it doubles that when I factor in petrol, a programme, a pint and a doggy burger. I have missed the last three games because of unemployment. However, I can understand why people might feel that it’s still expensive. It may be worth Eric doing a trial period of having an across the board gate price of a Tenner just to test the waters. It may cost the club 5 grand on the current gate but if the figure increases by 1600 then the club would be quid’s in.

But what if he doesn’t, can we still survive and move forward?

Will people turn up in significant numbers if he does?

Now for my personal opinion……..

We’re stuck in the past, we need to move on from the tat and promote the Stanley of today and the future and stop trading on our glorious past.

What I don’t see is up beat advertising of what you can get from seeing Stanley at our best, playing first class football. No posters in town, no shirts on the backs of our target group of what I would suspect would be 12 to 35. All we see on here or in the press is grumbling and ball licking about how bad we are or how bad the gate is. Make it a good decent day out for everyone.

Gate £10 across the ground.

Put some decent entertainment on pre Match and Half time.

Get some decent food options on the menu - Bacon Barn with proper HP.

Above all some positive, good news advertising across the east Lancs area every week.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -