Thread: Attendances
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2007, 12:20   #42
Haz66

Re: Attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You might want to get somebody to wipe out all the Sky dishes and dig up all the cable. Thats a far bigger problem than any history or feeling of local belonging to a football team these days.
I like many i suspect agree with this, we all know the adverse affact that televised games have had on gate numbers, even the dinner time KO`s have done harm to, how many people do you know have said "oh i`ll come down Accy with you on Saturday" only to go out for the lunchtime game, have a few jars and then decide to spend the rest of the afternoon in the pub, its not just Accrington that are suffering from this as this will happen across the board, other factors i think that also contribute are computers, games consoles and Saturday afternoon shopping, how many kids do you know that would rather spend all their time sat infront of a virtual world of friends rather than get out and see the real one ?.
Bring back the all games are played on a Saturday at 3pm with no highlights shown until Match Of The Day, the golden age of football died when Sky got their hands on it.
Ok i`m off to meet my virtual girlfriend now, she wants to go shopping