View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 09:39   #6
glasgow guy
Senior Member+

Very swish I thought, I have left them my CV as one of the mangers told me they are looking for certain staff, been told I will hear shortly -
they have some very expensive garden furniture but then again the quality of the stuff justifies it - alot of their stuff is burmese teak which is the most dense wood you could use for outdoor furniture & the companies they have got them from are the UK leaders so they are certainley aiming at a certain bracket of shoppers - mainly rich ones!!!!!! - rules me out !
They were in the middle of clearing christmas away but they had 20% off plants so I bought a few things - seems to be all the staff know what they are talking about so that helps - its also very clean for a garden centre - its more like a department store though - which isnt bad in some ways -
I went up to the cafe and was ripped off though £4.90 for tea & a cake !!
apart from that its quite a good place - I wouldnt mind working there as they pay good money from what I was told and it seemed quite relaxed - but on the flip side I still and always will prefer the small garden centres where you get the bargains !
will let you know about the job thing.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote