Thread: Myfootballclub
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2007, 13:40   #104
doheochai

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
I doubt these fantasy football madmen would be welcome anywhere so why dont they do what FCUM did and just start their own club up? That way, if they screw it up they only screw themselves....

Jimbo T blower
Interestingly, a number of MFC members who live near Accrington attended Stanley's last home game and posted a gernerally positive response from the people they spoke to on the terraces. This is not to say that MFC are looking to purchase AS - just that discuccions took place with some fans. MFC members are only too well aware that some fans will be hostile to MFC no matter what club we buy. Starting a club from scratch is not an option because no matter where we go we will be stepping on someones toes.

As regards screwing up anything - The worst that can happen to the club MFC buy is that the club will receive a financial injection of at least £1million. As I said before MFC is prohibited, by its own rules, from borrowing money and placing the club in debt, or entering contracts that could create a future financial burden on the club. In relation to AS - Eric Whalley has suggested that the club will not progress without further investment.

By the way - I actually don't favour MFC attempting to purchase AS, but many MFC members do. Either way I wish the club and its fans all the best.
doheochai is offline   Reply With Quote