Thread: tonights match
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 21:23   #10
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: tonights match

What on earth did the club hope to gain by bringing this fixture forward from Saturday? Certainly not extra people coming through the gate. Stanley were unrecognisable from the heroes who gave their all in a magnificent performance on Tuesday night, and no wonder. I'm still tired from that effort, never mind those lads. An extra day to recover would have made a big difference in my opinion. Stanley were flat, Wrexham came out fighting for their lives after a diabolical performance the same night as Stanley's great show - the psychological effect was completely different, and others posting earlier on another thread were correct in calling for Coley to rest 2 or 3 players to freshen it up. I am so annoyed about tonight because other than the Tuesday night 149, the Stanley fans will not believe how superbly the team can really play.
Get back to Saturdays please, at least after a mid-week game. You wouldn't get Prem teams, even with their vast resources, being daft enough to play again after only 2 days rest.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote