View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:55   #17
Ianto.W.
Resting in peace

Re: Fascism lives !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I'm sorry, I can't quite fathom out what you are trying to say there but I get the feeling that you may not have understood me so I'll try to put it a little better. I'm not aware of any way of knowing how much one's karma goes up or down. Not like we used to have when a little message flashed up to tell us we had lost or gained a specific number of karma points.

I know the relevant post does tell you how much karma you currently have and give you the info regarding what the karma granter or deducter said when they gave or took karma. BUT I'm not aware of anywhere where it tells you exactly how much has been given or taken. Is there somewhere or do you keep a note of your running total? I have no idea what my total is. I only notice something has changed when my rep power is affected and then I look in my CP to see what the karma statements are but that doesn't tell me how much was given or taken.

As to the comment about 52 - it could also be 53 I think, and I don't know on a day to day basis what people's re power is either so I have no idea who had 52 or 53 when your karma was deducted, or if indeed there was just one person or more than one person.

Hence my questions about how you were so sure you knew who it was. Hope that clarifies it a bit now.
What wouldyou do if you were not on the pc, sit at home counting, baked beans. Do not try to tell me accywebs most prolific poster in fact East Lancashires most prolific poster does not know how to work out who gave me 26 bad karma points 26+26 = 52 power, so given the fact that they can only give you half it' s rather obvious who it was. I hope that clarifies my point as I only post when I have something constructive to offer the forum
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote