View Single Post
Old 14-10-2007, 20:54   #126
Phil Whalley

Re: today's match at daggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Thanks for a fine report, Phil. Do you know if Roscoe was on the bench because of not being fully fit or was Leighton preferred for tactical reasons? Did their goalie Roberts have his usual crack with the Stanley fans - a real character, that lad!
Not certain about Roscoe, I think it has been suggested elsewhere that he has a slight shoulder problem, which sounds more plausible than a tactical switch. Leighton did okay and his header was a blinder, but it wasn't a game for the strikers to shine, as in the first half we kept the ball a lot in midfield, and in the second we dropped back and left the front two isolated. Roscoe seemed fine when he came on, and he was able to win the ball and then put them on the back foot with his pace. Once he was on we started to see more of the ball and really should have had a fourth. Roscoe missed with a free header and then Proccy curled a beauty just over from 25 yards. As for Roberts, yes he was mercilessly ribbed, but he took it in good humour and won everyone over by taking a burger being offered from the away end before chucking it disdainfully away.

Revived red - were you the chap in the 1962 shirt I was having a chat with at Whitechapel tube station? I was wearing this years away shirt and was with Duncan, the Scots lad.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote