View Single Post
Old 24-10-2007, 02:26   #15
Bazf
Senior Member+

Re: Share your Stanley Memories - Your ASFC Making it Historic

I told this story in an earlier thread, it may be relevent so use it if you want.
I remember going to an away game against Altrincham in the early 70's, I think it was when we were in the Cheshire League but I could be wrong, it was a cup game and we decided at the last minute to go, ie Friday night in the pub. I had an Austin 1100 that was great on the stright road but used to slow down a bit on hills, but it was better then Andy's Anglia that had no reverse.
We decided to meet at the Bridge at 9 and set off stright away, of course after hangovers and everything we suddenly realised that there was 15 of us and they weren't all fitting in my car. So after much discussion Ronnie Hays and Andy (we reminded him he won't have to revese on the motorway) went and got their cars and we set off in convoy for an away day.
We got there and parked in a side street went to the game which was if I remember a cracking match with some really dirty play by Alty, whats new, at the time they were well above us in football terms, how the times have changed.
We decided to go for a pint before we went home so we found a pub on the road out of Alty and parked up, had a couple of pints and some pie and chips we also meet up with some Alty fans who we beat at pool and darts and we had a good night out, we left the pub singing about stanley and got ready to go home.
We went out to the carpark and some git had parked in front of Andys car and written all over the window "Stanley Losers" and "Alty rule" and the killer "Move it". We had parked so he could pull stright out, no reverse.
In a situation like that some drunk always knows the answer and the rest always go along with him. The answer break into the car.
So we decided to break in to the car and move it, this seemed easier then I would have thought and it also made me evalulate which friends I was hanging out with. When we got in to the car and moved it out of the way, it was the decided that we should put it in the back corner of the carpark as far away as we could.
So we head off home and decided to meet at the Little (thief) Chef at Chorley I think its Charnock Richards now, just as we are getting there a cop car is behind me flashing and getting my attention, we pulled in and the cops were being really heavy and accusing us of stealing a car that belong to the deputy mayor of Alty and they going to throw the book at all football holligans in chesire.
We explained about the no reverse and the writting all over the car and we had moved the car to the back of the car park for a laugh, they checked it out and sure enough it all worked out. The cops told us that the DMayor took his bit on the side to that pub and we had really screwed up his night as he had had to call the cops and thought his official car had been nicked. The cops said the DM last words to them were "FU$$**g Accrington Stanley wish they had not got back together"
So the cops sent us off and they said "I don't think you lot will be coming back to Altrincham, we will be in division 4 soon."
When I come home and bump in to any of the guys, the first words are always "****ing Altrincham" "we will be in Division 4 soon".<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote