View Single Post
Old 31-10-2007, 05:14   #25
MargaretR
God Member

Re: 'PPI' or product protection insurance

If anyone has been trying to access the Moneysaving expert website to download a form to reclaim PPI charges - you need to know that the site was SABOTAGED for a few days.
I get the Martin Lewis emails and got this today -

(extract) -"MoneySavingExpert.com Attacked! Since last Friday the site has been the target of a massive, deliberate DDOS attack. Put simply, someone’s been simulating billions of visitors to crash the servers; and for three days it worked (read more). It's mostly fixed, but if you find a problem or slowness, please stick with us.

This may’ve saved the banks £10s millions. The attack coincided with the launch of the PPI reclaiming campaign and my ITV Tonight programme (watch it) programme on reclaiming. Let me make it clear, I don’t think the banks are behind it. Yet I do think it's likely the timing was deliberate to cause maximum damage to the site; and a by-product is it's probably saved the banks £10s millions.

I need every MoneySaver's help. The PPI campaign's momentum has been lost; many 1,000s came for the free template letters and only got an error page. Please spread the word at the water-cooler, the pub, e-mail your mates, at family get togethers. Ask them “have you got insurance on a loan, credit card or mortgage?”. If they have tell them “you may’ve been missold it and could get thousands back…” and direct them to the article. Don’t let those who tried to kill the site win.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote