View Single Post
Old 31-10-2007, 23:42   #12
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Is This The Best Squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I'd say conference winning side was better if I'm honest.
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</SCRIPT>
I'd agree that the conference winning side played some good stuff and to win that league by the margin we did was an achievement that speaks volumes for all those connected with that achievement,playing staff and management.But in retrospect, the opposition in that league was considerably different in class to the sides we face now.

I'd agree somewhat that the current squad has a little more "strength in depth" than we've had for some years. But I'd counter that statement with an arguement that IF the club wants to keep the forward momentum going,then the squad HAS to have more strength in depth.

After all, last season's struggle against relegation could be explained away by the contributing factors of the loss of Roberts and Craney at a crucial time and the fact that we lacked the "strength in depth" that we may have this season.

All in all, after our somewhat jittery start to the season, I like many others am both pleased and satisfied that we have recovered from the iffy start and put some distance between ourselves and the drop zone. Hopefully Coley,with Eric's backing can continue to strengthen the playing staff which will in turn reap rewards,the rewards being the sides continued presence in it's current "loftier" position and hopefully attracting back more paying custom from the local public.

However, I'd hope all concerned guard against complacency,be they players or management. At this stage in proceedings, we can just as soon be dragged back into the mire that we tread in last season as soon as we could push on to better things!!!

Here's hoping the improvement continues !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote