Thread: Coleman & Bell
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2007, 16:30   #81
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Why on earth is there this sort of thread running on this forum?

I remember going to Belper and Stocksbridge, and even Maghull and Atherton Collieries to watch Stanley play league games. The sort of Johny-cum-latelies who want Coley's head after a couple of disappointing results, in Football League Two, don't know they're born.

When Coley took over we had just endured relegation and had had about seven managers in the process. Coley brought stability, three promotions and year on year improvement in our league position.

There may be some dim wits prepared to run the risk of history repeating itself by letting go of the most successful manager in the club's history.

Thankfully Eric Whalley doesn't come under that category.
I will tell you why there is this sort of thread. Not everyone is happy to go bumbling along in League 2 winning away and losing at home. Whilst I will sit on the fence as to whether Coley is cutting the mustard, you cannot expect everyone who supports the club to have the same opinion as you! I used to watch Stanley pre 1962, and I have watched them coming up through the non-league ranks and am personally glad they have made the league, but and it is a BIG but can you honestly say you are 100% happy with the way things are going. There are plenty of managers waiting for football clubs, Cotterill, Jewell et al, however, Eric seems fit to continue with the current management team. Please don't slag off Stanley supporters or call them dim wits as everyone is entitled to an opinion, and whether it agrees with your views or not - TOUGH

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!