Thread: Paul Carden
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2007, 11:10   #4
BedsRed

Re: Paul Carden

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Charming Man View Post
Losing interest?!

We're playing at the highest level we've ever played at, with bigger crowds than ever before, a recently developed stadium, and some of the most talented players we've ever had. Surely this is the most exciting time to be a Stanley fan?
And yet the club's Google Page Ranking still seems to be little better than at Unibond level. I know John Alty wasn't everyone's cup of tea as chairman, but you couldn't deny he had a gift for publicity (even if a lot of it was self-publicity). Communication with fans appears to be at an all-time low, the club shop website is apparantly out of date (according to other threads) and as to getting hold of anyone at the club, generally you can forget it. The footballing staff have over-achieved in getting us where we are and have busted a gut in doing so. The club as a whole, however, seems to be wasting the opportunity to push its profile (and the departure of Lew Carroll really is a blow in that respect). The only time I can recall seeing the club in the national press this season was the ill-judged whine about attendances.

I say this as an exile; perhaps there is more Google Page Ranking going on locally that I am unaware of. But I doubt it.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote