View Single Post
Old 23-11-2007, 19:18   #15
harwood red
God Member

Re: Calling all parents.......

1)(single child).....Do you plan to stick to one child,and why? got two
2)(multiple)......how did you determine the age gaps between your children? was told it was unlikely I would be able to have children due to ops - decided to start early just in case we had to go through whole fertility, adoption etc.... only to catch straight away!! I was just 21 when he was born...thought it might just have been a fluke so once he was settled I knew I didn't want a huge gap so started trying again...you guessed it, caught straight away again...so only 17 monhts between my two and it was hard work but has been best way for me in long run (getting back into a career and all that)
3)Did you have your child(ren) just because you were broody, or did you have it all planned out? Definately all planned out - if your broody borrow someone elses baby for a bit and see if that changes how you feel
4)Did you save up/buy things before your pregnancy?during the pregnancy or later on nearer the birth of your baby(s)? bought bits throughout pregnancy and ordered bigger items later on...same with second although obviously had head start with stuff from first
5)Did you have any of your planned children without being financially stable and just scraped by? Financially we made a big decision for me to stay at home with the two boys even though at the time I was the bigger earner, so yes at times we scraped by but things did improve
6)Was it important to you to be confident of having absolutely everything money-wise etc? no no and no, money isn't everything, as long as you are careful with what you have, giving your children all the care, time and love in the world is far more important
7)We wouldn't change our children for anything in the world, but do you sometimes think you should have waited till you were in different circumstances before having your child(ren)? Hmmm not sure about that one, sometimes I think I had mine a bit young (1st at 21 & 2nd at 22) but they are 14 and nearly 16 now and great lads in fact I am so proud of them. Doing well at school and are polite, respectful and loving so maybe I did do it the right way for me. Now I am persuing my career and also in my late thirties getting my own life back as they are so much more independant

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote