View Single Post
Old 26-11-2007, 21:32   #16
West Ender
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: A Teddy Bear Called ...............

This poor lady was, in my opinion, being a very good teacher. The teddy bear idea is similar to one that my granddaughter's school has. Each class has a soft toy and children are chosen on merit (not just work, behaviour as well) to take it home and write about what they did with it. It encourages them to plan activities and helps their essay writing skills, plus of course they do their best to be the one who gets to take it home.

So this woman let the children decide what to call their teddy and Mohammed was their favourite name. How, in the name of Allah, is that offensive to the Prophet? It sounds as though some idiot got the notion - hey, the infidel is insulting Mohammed - and the rest have followed like sheep. Isn't that how jihad gets off the ground?

It's 20 years since I was in Saudi Arabia but that was the most racist place I've ever been to. Perhaps racist isn't the correct word, shall I say religionist? They would not tolerate the practising of any religion other than Islam and the Lebanese we lived among (my husband was working for a Lebanese company), who were mostly devout Christians, had to have an "underground" priest, an engineer in his day job, who held mass in people's homes. If he had been discovered he would, at the very least, have been thrown out of the country. They allowed Christmas cards to be sold but they couldn't have the word Christmas on them - they said Happy Holiday - and they couldn't depict the nativity.

If this country treated a Muslim from Sudan the way this lady has been treated there would be uproar and international repercussions. Why isn't the British Government going in with guns blazing? Oh yes, I forgot, we are so tolerant, aren't we?
Accrington Web