Thread: potty training
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2007, 08:24   #23
emamum
Senior Member+

Re: potty training

if he is not taking to the potty, ask dad or grandad to show him how to use the toilet, little boys or facinated by toilets and will be impressed by standing up to wee.. also, if you use those blue toilet blocks the water turns from blue to green when you go, my little lad loved that and its educational 2... make sure he see's others using the toilet so that he knows that everyone has to do it..

if he still uses his nappy try emptying the contents into the potty, giving him lots of praise while its in there then show him that you flush it away in the toilets.. he needs to see that this is where its supposed to go..

if all else fails..... show him how to use the potty, you can borow my little lad, he will pee anywhere

just to add that when i have a little one potty training i group them with a bigger kid at toilet time, children want to be like their peers and this will get them using the toilet better than an adult trying to get them to do it.. sticker charts are good too, he gets a small sticker everytime he sits on the pot and a big one for using it, then he can trade the stickers in for something he wants......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 30-11-2007 at 08:28.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote