View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 13:19   #113
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

So it would appear that there is little point in me going over there now to have a look. What a shame. I was rather looking forward to it but didn't feel up to it today as I'm still full of a cold, been sneezing my head off all weekend.

However, if the notices were directed towards the staff members then it would imply that they were instructions to the staff members. In other words telling staff members to ask for ID from anyone who looked under 21. Now, if as you are saying they did so and someone proved they were over 18 and was still refused it sounds like possibly the staff had not been trained properly in the reason behind asking for ID from those who look under 21 - therefore a staff instruction to the staff which the staff have possibly misinterpreted has been removed in order to avoid further confusion. It does not mean that ASDA have suddenly changed their policy. Their policy has always been in line with the "Challenge 21" scheme - possibly just not adequately explained to the staff, or possibly misunderstood by some staff. It happens. Look how easy it is to jump to wild conclusions and misunderstand things.

Asda was in fact one of the founding members of the "Challenge 21" scheme and you can read all about it here.

However, if you still wish to complain about them being a law unto themselves perhaps you'd like to complain that they won't sell knives or tobacco to anyone under the age of 18.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 03-12-2007 at 13:22.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote