Thread: Re-generation
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:09   #63
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Re-generation

Sandstone for building and Shale for ballast command quite good prices, and the possibility of using such an exposed location for siting wind turbines will attract government grants. Call me cynical if you wish but that old roman adage "Cui Bono" should be at the forefront of our considerations here. Who Benefits from enclosing common land and then returning it to the commonality? If Chelmswood's proposal is to restore the landscape to its pre-industrial condition then that is laudable but a little inconsiderate of our historical heritage and, considering that part of the site is home to pre-historic remains, I feel sure that the County Archeological Service and English Heritage should be involved in the formulation of any proposal for the site.

I think that Chelmswood, if it is as philanthropic as has been claimed, should be considerably more forthcoming about its past history of such projects and its intentions for this site before anyone here gets involved - after all, if the trust has nothing to hide, why all the obfuscation?

I am not yet at the point of smelling a rat, but, well... it makes you wonder.