View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 17:54   #863
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

"I totally support Clr Britcliffe's proposal to change the name of the Borough....Labour Councillor will over the coming month's be helping and working with the Conservatives in any way we can to look into all the issues so 'the big changeover' really is something we can benefit from."

Can you guess who said that? I'll give you a clue...he happens to be a labour councillor who just so happens to be a member of this forum. Still struggling? Well, go back to post No 141 on this thread and you'll see the name.

We know what happened last night. I can understand the good people of Rishton not wishing to become a "District" - after all, they are geographically closer to Blackburn than Accy town centre. Maybe they would be better off being Blackburn with Darwen & Rishton. And I know that many residents of Great Harwood associate themselves more with the Ribble Valley than Hyndburn...quite understandable, really. Maybe the name of Accy and Districts was wrong all along, and a more seductive name such as "Accy and Ribble Valley South" would have been more appropriate.

What I cannot understand, however, is the attitude of the local Labour party. Still, I suppose it takes after it's national parent, whose stupidity and hypocracy is now clear for all to see.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 05-12-2007 at 17:59.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote