View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 18:47   #866
claytonender

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Your lot aren't whiter than white either.

When I attended the count last May I witnessed some appalling behaviour from a Labour councillor towards someone they'd never even met before.

It would be lovely if all the vicious sniping could be put to bed and just get on with the job in hand. (I know, dream on.)

There was reported bad behaviour from the Conservatives last year so it is, it seems, six of one and half a dozen of the other.

It's quite sad really. There's no need for it.
Lily, no one is claiming to be whiter than white, but being extemely rude in a very public arena (with members of the public present), is completely unacceptable.

I was at the count as well in May, there was also bad behaviour from the Conservatives - with football style chants.

Also Peter Britcliffe attempted to go into the centre of the room, where the votes were being counted (which is not allowed unless you are an agent of one of the candidates).The agent for the Conservative Party candidates was Marlene Howarth - so she was the only member of the Conservative PArty allowed in the middle of the counting area. I assume that you are unfamiliar with the rules governing the conduct of count.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote