View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 20:26   #868
Stanaccy

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I accept that in the beginning there was merit in looking at it. It would be great if everything I said was accepted without review, scrutiny or reflection or the involvement of other opinions.

As it was 1) Labour Colleagues were set against it 2) We worked with the Tories but we were told things through the pages of Accrington Observer 3) THe main issue was costings, though Borough Unity came up as well.

In the end my view changed from a casual interest for, to a hard case against during the discussion process.

I am impressed that you have had the courage to come back and answer the earlier question and even more impressed that you have admitted you were wrong at the beginning and changed your mind.

I would have been against the idea of a referendum as I, like Katex believe the people of Accrington would just vote yes and the "Districts" would be outnumbered.

Also the idea of losing their identity just so PB and his ilk don't have to answer question as to the geographical locale of the area I find despicable. What about people in the Rossendale or The Ribble Valley?

Once more I have to say I am impressed by your willingness to change your viewpoint. Just a pity more people aren't able to.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote