Thread: The Coppice
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2007, 16:47   #103
No.9 Dream

Re: The Coppice

As someone who goes up everday with my dog there are a couple of points I'd like to make. 1. The shelter is used by more than "druggies & wino's" it's open on every side but only two are used due to vandalism. It's a great place to sit in and look at the surrounding views - Darwen tower from one end and Hamledon at the other. So yes the shelter ought to be renovated and maybe a couple more dotted about. 2. There was a map on the motorway end which depicted the various hills Pen Y Ghent etc but was nicked. 3. A proper ranger service would stop the idiots on scramblers wrecking the paths etc and the bridle paths need remarking too, between the motorbikes and horse riders not using the correct paths these are being eroded.

I like the singing ringing tree and the egg at Wycollar park places I wouldn't normally visit but because of these monuments in fact the egg would've made a good shelter.

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote