View Single Post
Old 13-01-2008, 14:26   #101
park381
Senior Member+

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Does anyone know precicely where in Stanhill this other application relates to
"2. Taylor Whimpy - seeking planning permission for gate access to a field off stanhill road"

Is it in connection with the building application under discussion - or maybe it portends access to yet another potential building site
No mararet it is a totally diffent application,

[The application site is an agricultural field directly opposite Cabin End Row on the southern side of Stanhill Road. The proposed location of the standard agricultural access gate is at the eastern end of the frontage in the stone wall bounding Stanhill Lane and opposite No. 26 Cabin End Row.
Observations
The application relates to a field on the junction of Stanhill Road and Haslingden Road to the rear of “The Quarry” repair garage. The site is an agricultural field and just outside the urban boundary, on the fringe of the green belt. The field is used for agricultural purposes; access was previously from Haslingden Road through neighbouring land not within the ownership of the applicant.

The application is to erect a gate 3.6m wide with associated posts. The gate is a standard field gate of galvanised steel. It will be set back from the footpath on Stanhill Road by approx 3 metres.
The application has been fully discussed with the highway authority (Lancashire County Council) and no highway objections have been raised by the authority. The access will be used by agricultural vehicles intermittently and will only create minimal traffic to and from the site. The access will be set back from the main highway allowing the occupier somewhere safe to pull in while opening and closing the gate. Visibility at the proposed gate location is satisfactory and I do not believe that this development will significantly increase traffic problems on the road.

The application involves the removal of no more than 4 metres of the wall, which extends the whole length of Cabin End Row. While it is always unfortunate to lose established dry stone wall a minimum length of wall is to be removed and there is a genuine need to provide agricultural access to the field. I do not believe this development will result in the destruction of the micro-climate for the mosses and lichens provided by the wall, as the majority of the wall will remain intact.]

The application ref was 11/07/0584 and was recommended for acceptance by the Officers of the Planning Dept, since it has surfaced again as application 11/08/0009. I can only think that the Planning Committee turned the first application down
The paragraphs above are taken from planning agenda documents (freedom of information)
I do know there is 'agricultural' land for sale in the same area

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote